Where can I find my IIS log files?
To determine where your IIS log files are stored, please follow below guides step by step on your server:
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools
- Run Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Find your Web site under the tree on the left.
- If your server is IIS7
- Click Logging icon on the right
- On the bottom of logging page, you will see a box that contains the log file directory
- If your server is IIS 6
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- On the Web site tab, you will see an option near the bottom that says "Active Log Format." Click on the Properties button.
- At the bottom of the General Properties tab, you will see a box that contains the log file directory and the log file name.
Make sense of your IIS logs by running them through Nihuo Web Log Analyzer. You can download the free edition of Nihuo Web Log Analyzer from the download page.
Back To FAQ